Does anyone remember the banana pudding milkshake from Chick-Fil-A? This was a limited time flavor that was offered for several years during the spring. I was extremely disappointed to learn that it was not going to come back last year because this thing was amazing! We are talking banana pudding in drinkable form! So today I bring you the next best thing (in my opinion): banana pudding in dip form. This banana pudding dip recipe tastes just like banana pudding and is easy to make.
This dip literally takes the ingredients from a popular banana pudding recipe (minus the wafers) and mixes them together. But we can’t forget about the wafers, now can we? A banana pudding wouldn’t be complete without them. Of course, wafers make great dippers too and go naturally along side this tasty dip.
Oh, and have you seen the new mini vanilla wafers from Nabisco? I went to grab the regular old wafers from the grocery store shelf when my eye caught the box of mini wafers. These little cookies scream “dip me” and are just perfect to serve with this banana pudding dip. They are just so cute too! Food can be cute, right?
Banana pudding dip will be a great dessert to bring to your next potluck or holiday gathering.
Ok, what are you waiting for? Time to make some dip and dig in!
Adapted from: Recipes For My Boys
- 2 (8-oz) blocks of cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 7 oz sweetened condenses milk (half of a 14 oz can)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup prepared instant vanilla pudding (about half of a 3.4 oz box)
- 2 bananas
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 box vanilla wafers
- In a small bowl, beat heavy whipping cream until soft peaks form.
- In another small bowl, prepare pudding according to package instructions. (you only need half the box so you can either make the whole box and eat the leftovers or only make half the box)
- In a large bowl, beat together the cream cheese and powdered sugar until combined. Slowly mix in the condensed milk.
- Fold 1 cup of the pudding into the cream cheese mixture and then fold in the whipped cream into the mixture
- On a plate, mash the bananas and sprinkle with lemon juice to help prevent them from browning.
- Fold bananas into the dip mixture.
- Chill for an hour and sprinkle the top with crushed vanilla wafers before serving.
- Serve with vanilla wafers,