This Cherry Chocolate M&M Cheese Ball is a fun, sweet dessert for Valentine’s Day. It’s a perfect idea for an easy kids activity too!
I hope everyone has had a great start to their year! I managed to stay healthy through the holidays and then BAM! I came down with a cold on Jan 2 and 4 weeks later, I’m still coughing. Everyone I have talked to though who has been sick is in the same boat. This stuff just seems to last forever! I feel a ton better though and finally have my energy back. I will stop coughing one day…I hope, lol. I did give it to my husband though 🙁 Oh and have you ever traveled on a plane while sick with a cold? UGH…talk about unpleasant! Needless to say, I’m officially kicking off my new year a little delayed, haha 🙂 (ie: getting back in the gym)
I had no idea that Cherry Chocolate M&Ms were a thing, did you? I was browsing through the Valentine’s day candy aisle at my local Target when I ran across this limited edition Valentine’s day flavor. For Christmas, I did this Holiday M&M Peppermint Cheese Ball so I thought these would make a great cheese ball for Valentine’s Day. Kids love M&Ms and what a fun time kids could have covering the cheese ball in the M&Ms. Crushing the M&Ms could be fun for the kiddos too (just watch those fingers if you are doing it by hand).
I added in a little cocoa powder for an added dose of chocolate. It’s like a chocolate covered cherry in a cheese ball. Serve on a heart shaped serving dish and you have a fun Valentine’s treat for kids and adults alike.
5 ingredient Valentine's Day dessert that tastes like a chocolate covered cherry. This Cherry Chocolate M&M Cheese Ball is easy and fun.
- 1 8 oz block of cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 2 TBSP unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 bags cherry chocolate M&Ms
- Crush 1 cup of the M&Ms into small pieces using a plastic bag and rolling pin or in a food processor, set aside
- Using a mixer on medium speed, mix together the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add in powdered sugar and cocoa powder and mix until combined.
- Fold in crushed M&Ms.
- Line a small bowl with plastic wrap and place dip into the bowl.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 4 hours to overnight.
- Carefully remove cheese ball from bowl and place onto a plate.
- Right before serving, cover with additional M&Ms by gently pressing them into the cheese ball.
Serve this Cherry Chocolate M&M Cheese Ball with vanilla wafers, graham crackers, or even apple slices