Easy dessert dip recipe tastes just like pumpkin pie. This cream cheese pumpkin dip will be the star of your fall party or Halloween spread. Great with ginger snaps or apples.
Fall is probably my favorite season. There are just so many things I love about this time of year. The colors of the changing leaves, a sweat shirt and jeans on crisp, cool nights, and of course the wonderful aromas and tastes of all the great fall spices and fruit.
I will be sharing lots of great fall dips on this blog. In today’s post, I introduce one that will take center stage in any fall appetizer or dessert lineup: pumpkin dip.
This dip tastes just like pumpkin pie except in a dip that you serve with your favorite fall flavors. It’s so easy to make too and has only 5 ingredients.
You can get creative in serving as well by cutting the top off a pie pumpkin, scooping out the inside, and filling up with the dip.
Tips for making Pumpkin Pie Dip
Can you make ahead of time?
Yes, absolutely. This dip needs to be made in advance so that it has time to chill.
What can you serve with this dip?
Ginger snaps are my favorite dippers, but apples, vanilla wafers, and graham crackers all work well.
Is pure pumpkin the same as pumpkin pie filling?
No, these are two different things. Pure pumpkin is just pureed, cooked pumpkin. Pumpkin pie filling has other ingredients added such as sugar and spices. This recipe uses pure pumpkin.
How to make Pumpkin Dip
Step 1: Combine the cream cheese and sugar
Step 2: Mix in pumpkin and spices
Step 3: Chill for at least an hour, preferably longer
Easy dessert dip recipe tastes just like pumpkin pie. This cream cheese pumpkin dip will be the star of your fall party or Halloween spread.
- 1 8-oz block of cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 15 ounce can pure pumpkin (do not use pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Mix together the cream cheese and confectioners' sugar using a hand mixer until smooth. (I usually add 1/2 cup sugar at a time to make it easier and avoid clumping.)
- Add in the pumpkin, cinnamon, and nutmeg and stir until well combined.
- Chill for at least 1 hour. This can be made the day before and left in the fridge overnight.
- Optional: sprinkle nutmeg on top before serving.
- Serve with ginger snaps, apples, vanilla wafers, or graham crackers.
Adapted from: Allrecipes