A creamy dip full of artichokes, parmesan and cream cheese. This hot artichoke dip packs a punch of flavor and is a pan of baked bubbly, cheesy goodness that your guests will love. Or you don’t have to share, I won’t tell.
There’s just something about a cheesy dip that people just gravitate to at gatherings. This dip is no exception. Here are some other great hot and cheesy dip recipes:
One of my favorite flavors with artichokes is lemon. The citrus notes pair so perfectly with them. There was a raved about sub special at a local restaurant that had fried artichokes and fried lemon. Yes, you read that right. It was amazing. Sadly, the restaurant closed, but I will never forget that sandwich.
This recipe contains a bit of lemon juice to zest up the artichoke dip.
This recipe uses artichoke hearts from a can. Drain them really well and chop them to your desired consistency before adding to the dip. These are different than marinated artichoke hearts that are in oil.
Use freshly grated parmesan cheese in this recipe, not the kind from a bottle or can.
A 1 quart size baking dish was the perfect size for this recipe.
Feeding a crowd:
If you are feeding a crowd or serving this at gathering, you may want to double (or even triple) the recipe.
Prefer a cold dip?
This dip also tastes really great before baking. You cold easily serve as a cold artichoke dip instead of heating it up.
Yes, make ahead per the instructions except for baking. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days and pop in the oven when ready to eat.
Crostini or tortilla chips are my favorite, but this dip also goes well with a variety of crackers or even veggies like carrots, celery or peppers.
Mix together the cream cheese, sour cream and mayo.
Add garlic, onion, parsley, lemon juice, paprika and hot sauce and combine.
Fold in the parmesan, artichokes, and 1 cup of Monterey Jack cheese.
Pour into a baking dish and top with remaining Monterey Jack cheese.
Bake until hot and bubbly.
Hot Artichoke Dip with Cream Cheese
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 14 oz can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, finely diced
- 1/2 tbsp fresh parsley minced
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp hot sauce
- 1 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 cups Monterey Jack cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Using a mixer on medium speed, beat together the cream cheese, sour cream and mayo
- Add in garlic, onion, parsley, lemon juice, paprika and hot sauce and mix until combined
- Fold in the artichoke hearts, parmesan and 1 cup of Monterey Jack cheese
- Top with additional 1/2 cup of Monterey Jack cheese
- Bake for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly