Easy, boozy dessert for St. Patrick’s Day or any adult party. Baileys Irish Cream Dip is a festive and sweet dip your guests will go crazy over!
An alcoholic drink in dip form? Yep, I’ve got that one covered with this Baileys Irish Cream Dip recipe.
This dip is sure to bring luck to your St. Patrick’s day party (OK, well maybe not luck, but it is almost guaranteed to be a winner). It has booze, chocolate, cream cheese, and green sprinkles!
You’ve heard of a party in a bag, right? Well, I’d have to say that this is a party in a bowl 🙂
While its name should speak for itself, this dip is made with Baileys Irish Cream liqueur which means this one is a special treat for the adults. The flavor of the Baileys definitely comes through in the dip, but it is not overpowering.
The dip itself is light and fluffy and looks awesome when drizzled with chocolate and covered with festive sprinkles.
I used Baileys original, but you could mix things up a bit and try this out with your favorite flavor of Baileys. I’d love to make it again with the salted caramel one.
There’s also non-alcoholic Baileys coffee creamers which you should be able to substitute for a non-alcoholic version of this Baileys Irish Cream dip although I have not tried this recipe using the coffee creamer.
You can make this a day ahead of time and let chill in the refrigerator.
Do not add the chocolate syrup until you’re ready serve. Baileys Irish Cream dip tastes great with fruit, graham crackers, or vanilla wafers.
Baileys Irish Cream Dip
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 8 oz block of cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup Baileys Irish Cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 tbsp chocolate syrup
- In a small bowl, whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- Place the cream cheese into a medium bowl. Using a mixer on medium speed, slowly add in powdered sugar and mix until well combined. Stir in vanilla and Baileys Irish Cream and continue mixing until mixture is creamy.
- Lightly fold whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture until incorporated.
- Chill dip for an hour to overnight in the refrigerator.
- When you are ready to serve, drizzle 1 tbsp of chocolate syrup around the inside of your serving bowl. Scoop dip into the bowl and drizzle remaining chocolate on top. With a knife, slightly swirl the chocolate on top into the dip (don’t mix completely).
- Serve with fresh fruit, chocolate or regular graham crackers, or vanilla wafers.