Who knew Oreos could come in so many different flavors? There are all kinds of Oreos on the shelves these days and it seems like new ones are coming out all the time. I usually stick to just the regular ones (or double stuffed), but the Birthday Cake flavor was just calling my name one day. I have just the perfect recipe for them- a Birthday Cake Oreo Cheeseball
Speaking of Oreos, have you ever had a fried Oreo? If not, you are totally missing out! I tried one for the first time several years ago at our state fair and I was immediately in love! The Oreo cookie is so soft and sweet inside the crunchy fried dough. Recently, a new restaurant opened up nearby and guess what is on the menu- Yep, fried Oreos! I’m so excited!
Ok, so back to the Birthday Cake Oreo Cheeseball. This recipe has 4 ingredients and is so simple to pull together. It is made ahead of time which makes it great for a party. How cute would this be for a kid’s birthday party? I will warn you though….this cheeseball is very sweet! The cream cheese and butter cut the sweetness of the Birthday Cake Oreo fillings some, but this is definitely one for those who like sweet stuff! Decorate with sprinkles and a candle and serve with animal crackers.
Birthday Cake Oreo Cheeseball
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 package of Birthday Cake Oreos
- 1 container of sprinkles
- Animal crackers for dipping
- Using a mixer on medium speed, beat together the cream cheese and butter until combined. Set aside.
- Scrape the center fillings out of the Oreos into a small bowl. Place the cookie halves into another bowl as you remove the fillings.
- Take 6 cookie halves and crush them (I put them into a plastic bag and crushed with a rolling pen) Note: Save the remaining cookie halves to eat or use in another recipe.
- Add the fillings and crushed cookies to the cream cheese mixture and beat together until smooth.
- Line another small bowl with plastic wrap. Transfer mixture to the bowl and press into bowl to form the cheeseball. Pull up the sides of the plastic wrap to cover. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- When ready to serve, invert the cheeseball onto a serving plate and cover with sprinkles.