I’m so excited to share my latest dip recipe creation with you all today- A Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie Dip. This creamy and crunchy dessert dip recipe is loaded with sweet chocolate and bourbon goodness.
My fall decorations are up and the days are getting a bit cooler which means fall is in the air. Now if the rain would just go away, I’d be a much happier camper…no kidding, today is the first day that it hasn’t rained in 5 days (although it looks as if it could pour down any minute) AND there is a hurricane headed this way. Oh, no biggie, just a hurricane headed directly for Virginia….yeah, we’ll be going to the store tomorrow to stock up and get ready. Here’s hoping this thing goes out to sea and stays far from the East Coast. We have lots of areas already seeing flooding from all the rain and I remember the past few hurricanes to hit our area- not good at all!!
Oh well, nothing I can do about that right now so let’s talk about this new dip. A friend of mine suggested I do a dip with chocolate, bourbon, and pecans and this is what I came up with 🙂 Whenever I tell people that I blog about dips, I end up getting suggestions for dip recipes. It is actually pretty cool because I do turn a lot of the ideas into new dip recipes.
Who wouldn’t love a dip that has alcohol in it, right? I’ve done a few dips thus far that use alcohol like a Baileys Irish Cream Dip.
This Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie Dip looks absolutely stunning and it tastes just as amazing as it looks. The pecans give it a nice crunch with goes along nicely with the creamy and smooth texture of the brown sugar and chocolate swirled into the sweet cream cheese. If you are short on time, you can buy Pecan Pieces instead of chopping your own for this recipe.
The colors and flavors are great for this time of year tool. Serve the Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie Dip in an orange bowl with apple slices for a lovely fall treat. A red or green bowl with chocolate graham crackers would be great for Christmas too.
Serve with apple slices, graham crackers, chocolate cookies, or anything else you think would enable you to get this dip from the bowl to your mouth, lol 🙂
Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie Dip
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp bourbon
- 1 8 oz block of cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Add butter to a small sauce pan or skillet and melt over low heat.
- Once melted, add in brown sugar, pecans, heavy cream, salt, chocolate chips, vanilla, and bourbon.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Add the cream cheese and powdered sugar to a mixing bowl. Using a mixer on medium speed, beat together until creamy and smooth.
- Reserve about a tbsp of the pecan mixture for the topping. Use a spatula to fold in the remaining pecan mixture into the cream cheese. Be careful not to mix all the way in if you want a streaky look.
- Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Top with reserved pecan mixture. If desired, add more melted chocolate and/or pecans to the top before serving.