Calling all coffee lovers! I have a recipe that is going to make your day- chocolate espresso dip. Yes, chocolate and espresso come together in dip form. This dip is epic!
I will warn you that this dip is quite addictive for anyone who is a coffee fan. I love coffee, coffee drinks, coffee ice cream, and just about any other thing with coffee as an ingredient. My friend took one bite of this and said “it tastes just like coffee ice cream” and well, it does! There’s a double punch of espresso in this dip- espresso powder and crushed up chocolate covered espresso beans. Whoah! I told you that this was epic although there may be enough caffeine in this dip to keep you up all night 🙂
You can find chocolate covered espresso beans at many super markets and speciality grocery stores or order them online. I used these Trader Joe’s Dark Chocolate Covered Espresso Beans.
This chocolate espresso dip is just as good the next day so it can be made ahead of time. I was at home for a snow day after I made this dip and kept going to the fridge to get a spoonful of this super yummy coffee treat. Yes, I said spoonful…don’t judge! 🙂
Serve with biscotti, chocolate graham crackers, or your favorite cookies. Great recipe to serve for a brunch gathering or shower.
Chocolate Espresso Dip
- 1 8 oz block of cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp espresso powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup chocolate covered espresso beans, roughly chopped
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth and creamy using a mixer on medium speed.
- Slowly add in the powdered sugar and mix until well combined. Mix in the espresso powder and vanilla.
- Fold in the chopped chocolate espresso beans.
- Chill dip in the refrigerator for at least an hour or until ready to serve.