I posted a malted milk dip recipe for Easter and now that it is hot out, I thought I would do a slight twist on the recipe to create a chocolate malt dip. During the summer, chocolate malts are one of my favorite treats. Can we say Sonic? I love their malts! Oh, and they are half price after 8 PM right now. Even better!
This dip has the wonderful chocolate malt flavor of the milkshake variety, but without the ice cream. It is super easy to make and can be made ahead of time as well. I topped the chocolate malt dip with whipped cream, chocolate sprinkles, and a cherry to create the full chocolate malt look 🙂
Serve with pretzels, fruit, graham crackers, wafers, or cookies. This will be a great dessert dip for your next summer cookout.
If you are not a malt fan (it isn’t for everybody), you could leave the malted milk powder out of the recipe and you’ll end up with a nice, creamy chocolate dip instead.
Chocolate malt dip has all the great flavor of a malted milkshake in an easy to make dip recipe. Great dessert for your summer cookout.
- 1 8 oz block of cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup malted milk powder
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp milk
- Optional: Additional whipped cream, chocolate sprinkles, and maraschino cherry
- Place cream cheese and powdered sugar into a bowl and beat with a mixer until creamy. Add vanilla extract, milk, malted milk powder, and cocoa powder and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, beat heavy whipping cream until soft peaks form.
- Fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture. Chill for at least an hour before serving.
- Optional: Top with additional whipped cream, chocolate sprinkles, and a cherry when you are ready to serve.
Serve this Chocolate malt dip with fruit, cookies, pretzels, or graham crackers.