An easy dip bursting with olive flavor. This olive dip is the perfect combination of creamy and salty.
Olives are one of those foods that were an acquired taste for me. I still don’t like black olives, but the green ones I have learned to like especially in my bloody mary’s.
Green olives are the star of this dish that only takes a few minutes to whip together. Olive fans will definitely love this appetizer at your party, holiday gathering or potluck.
If olives aren’t your thing, this Dill Pickle Dip is a dip that you may like instead.
How to Make
Step 1: Mix together the cream cheese and sour cream.
Step 2: Stir in remaining ingredients.
Step 3: Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator for at least an hour, but preferably several.
Tips and Tricks
- The olives: This recipe uses green olives that are stuffed with pimentos. These come in glass jars at the super market. You’ll see them called Manzanilla or Spanish Olives. You’ll also use some of the brine from the jar so don’t toss that out.
- Make ahead: This dip gets better after it sits for a bit so plan ahead and make in advance. This should keep well in the refrigerator for 3 – 4 days.
A 7 oz jar is perfect for this recipe. You’ll have enough to chop for the dip and a little left over for garnish and snacking.
Crackers work well with the saltiness of the green olives. You could also serve with bread, chips, pretzels or even veggies.
No, the texture will change too much if frozen. But it’s great made ahead of time and quick to make.
- 1 8 oz block cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped green olives with pimentos
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp olive juice
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- Mix together the cream cheese and sour cream using a mixer on medium speed.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients until well combined.
- Chill covered in the refrigerator for at least an hour, but preferably several.