Easy, creamy peanut butter dip made with cream cheese makes a perfect dip for apples or cookies.
As for peanut butter, I can eat a PB&J sandwich, but my favorite way to eat peanut butter is in desserts.
I remember as a a child watching my dad mix up some type of sweet peanut butter concoction in the kitchen. Now the funny thing is, my dad never cooked and if you put a recipe in front of him, he wouldn’t have known what to do with it.
This peanut butter “thing” is the only creation I recall him ever making (outside of mixing weird condiments or canned goods together). I call it a “thing” because it was something in the middle between candy and a dessert bar.
My mom was not a fan of his little kitchen endeavor on the few times that he made this , but it had sugar and peanut butter in it so as a kid, I was happy. 🙂 I do look back now and smile when I think about that story.
Tips and Tricks
- Whipping cream: Keep the heavy cream cold until ready to whip.
- Cream cheese: Don’t forget to soften the cream cheese to ensure you don’t get clumps when making the dip
- Make it crunchy: You could use crunchy peanut butter for a crunchy version or add in chopped peanuts (or garnish with them like I did)
Apple slices are a great healthy snack to serve along side this dip. Nutter butter cookies make a great cookie option. Graham crackers or chocolate cookies would be good too!
Yes, this is a perfect make ahead dessert and can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
I would not recommend freezing this dip because it will change the texture.
Need another fruit dip idea? You may like my dark chocolate fruit dip recipe.
Peanut Butter Dip
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 8 oz block cream cheese, softened
- 4 tbsp butter, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp chopped peanuts, optional
- Using a mixer, whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. set aside.
- With the mixer on medium speed, beat together the cream cheese and butter until creamy.
- Add in vanilla and then slowly mix in the powdered sugar until light and fluffy
- Fold in peanut butter and the whipped cream until combined.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Optionally, top with chopped peanuts before serving. Perfect with fruit, cookies or pretzels.