Sail away to the tropics with this non-alcoholic Pina Colada Dip. OK, so while this pineapple dip with coconut won’t magically transport you to a tropical paradise, it will make you wish you were there!
Pineapple Dip with Coconut AKA Pina Colda Dip
There’s just something about drinking a Pina Colada when somewhere tropical and warm. The flavors just scream white sand and blue water to me and it’s one of my favorite summertime vacation drinks. Oh and I love those little drink umbrellas that come with them a lot of times too!
This dip brings those same flavors to an easy, no bake dessert recipe that’s loaded with pineapple and coconut. You could also turn this into an appetizer by serving with fresh fruit. If you’re more interested in a summertime savory dip, check out my award winning Crock Pot Margarita Chicken Dip recipe.
You can get creative with toppings as well. I toasted some coconut to sprinkle on top, added a cherry, a piece of fresh pineapple and also added a pink drink umbrella for extra fun.
Tips for making this Pina Colada Dip
Draining the pineapple: You want to make sure that you drain the pineapple really really well to keep the dip from getting too thin. I dumped the can into a fine mesh strainer and used the back of a spoon to press down onto the pineapple until it was fully drained.
Can you make this pineapple dip ahead of time? Yes, definitely. It will need some time to chill before serving and can easily last several days in the fridge.
What is coconut cream? Coconut cream usually comes in a can and can be found in the International food section of most grocery stores. It’s not the same as a can of coconut milk. Coconut cream is thicker than coconut milk so you’ll get more cream from the can. There’s also something called cream of coconut, but this has added sugar and is not the same.
What can you serve with this dip? Fresh fruit, vanilla wafers, cookies, graham crackers or really anything you think would taste good. A spoon also works well 🙂
How to make Pineapple Dip with Coconut
Pineapple Dip with Coconut (Pina Colada Dip)
- 2 cans coconut cream, refrigerated overnight *see note
- 1 8 oz block of cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered suagr
- 1 tsp coconut extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, drained very well
- toasted coconut, optional
- Using a mixer on medium speed, beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add in vanilla and coconut extracts.
- Slowly add in the powdered sugar and mix until incorporated.
- Open the cans of coconut cream being careful not to turn them sideways.
- When cold, the cream rises to the top. Use a spoon to scoop out the cream and add to the dip. Be careful not to get any of the remaining water. Discard or use the coconut water in another recipe.
- Mix dip until combined.
- Fold pineapple into dip.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- If desired, top with toasted coconut before serving.