5 minutes and 4 ingredients are all you need to make this zesty, creamy Salsa Dip.
Do you ever mix together sour cream and salsa when you’re eating at a Mexican restaurant? I used to do this to dip my cheese quesadilla in all the time.
This dip is a take on that concept with the addition of cream cheese and some taco seasoning for some extra flavor.
Here are a few other Mexican inspired dip recipes that you may also enjoy:
Step by Step Instructions
Step 1: Using a mixer, cream together the cream cheese and sour cream
Step 2: Mix in the taco seasoning
Step 3: Stir in the drained salsa
Step 4: Chill for at least an hour.
Tips and Tricks
- Strain the salsa- Drain the salsa through a fine mesh strainer before adding to the dip. This will keep the dip from getting too runny.
- Taco seasoning- You can use store bought or make your own. For reference, a standard “packet” of taco seasoning from the store contains around 2 TBSP so you’ll need a half “packet” for this recipe.
- Make ahead- This is a great make ahead recipe as the flavors will develop more as the dip sits and chills in the fridge.
Any type of thick or chunky salsa will work for this recipe. You can use mild, medium or hot depending on your spice level preference. Or you can make your own salsa.
This should last 3 – 4 days in a tightly covered container in the refrigerator.
Tortilla chips are the natural pairing, but you could serve this with lots of dippers including crackers or veggies.
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 8 oz sour cream
- 2/3 cup chunky salsa, drained
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- cilantro to garnish, optional
- additional salsa as a topping, optional
- Mix together the cream cheese and sour cream using a mixer
- Mix in the taco seasoning until incorporated
- Add in the drained salsa and stir to combine