Happy Thanksgiving Eve! It is definitely feeling like the holidays here now and I’m so excited! My house smells like pumpkin and we saw our first snowflakes of the season earlier this afternoon. I’m sipping my Starbucks Caramel Brulée Latte and I’m curled up on the couch next to the fireplace with my puppy. The Food Network Channel is on the TV and I’m writing a blog post about another holiday favorite recipe turned into a dip. Today’s feature- Sweet Potato Pie Dip!
This Sweet Potato Pie Dip is rich, creamy, and tastes just like the traditional pie, but in a whole new form. It is heated in the oven and served warm making this a wonderful and comforting fall or holiday dessert.
And don’t worry, it is still simple to make. The hardest and longest part of this recipe is cooking and mashing the fresh sweet potatoes. I couldn’t decide what to top this dip with so I used two smaller pie dishes and added a different topping to each. For one, I simply topped with mini marshmallows. For the other, I made an easy brown sugar and pecan topping. Both were super tasty and I love the mini pie dishes for serving dips in.
Serve sweet potato pie dip with graham crackers or ginger snaps.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Sweet Potato Pie Dip
- 1 8-oz block of cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups cooked mashed sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp butter softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Graham crackers or ginger snaps
- Pecan Topping:
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- For the dip:
- In a medium bowl, beat together the cream cheese and brown sugar until combined. Mix in mashed sweet potatoes, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg until creamy. If dip is not as smooth as desired, use an immersion blender to reach the desired consistency.
- For the pecan topping:
- Mix all ingredients together and spread on top of the dip. (there may be some topping leftover depending on thick you want the topping to be).
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until dip is heated through. Serve with graham crackers or ginger snaps.