Monday is Labor Day which makes this the last long weekend of summer and means that fall is right around the corner. Lots of people will be hitting the beach, the pools, and firing up the grills. Watermelon is a popular summer treat for all those cookouts and a watermelon cheesecake dip will be a great dessert dip to end the summer with.
This watermelon cheesecake dip uses real chunks of watermelon with just a touch of cinnamon to really bring out the watermelon flavor. I wasn’t too sure what I thought about the watermelon and cinnamon combination, but it really is a good compliment which makes cinnamon pita chips a great dipper to use. You can also serve with fresh fruit.
Unlike most of the dips that I post, you will not want to make the watermelon cheesecake dip too far ahead. Watermelon is full of water and if this dip sits for a long time, the water from the watermelon may change the consistency of the dip. The hour of chilling time is OK though or you could serve immediately.
Do you all have big plans for the weekend? College football kicked off yesterday and Saturday is our team’s first home game (Go Hoos!) which means my husband and I will be tailgating with some good food before the game 🙂
Adapted slightly from Recipe 4 Living
Watermelon Cheesecake Dip
- 1 8-oz block cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups diced seedless watermelon
- In a small bowl, beat heavy whipping cream until soft peaks form. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together cream cheese and powdered sugar until mixture is creamy and smooth. Mix in lime juice and cinnamon.
- Fold in whipped cream and then fold in diced watermelon.
- Chill for an hour and serve with cinnamon pita chips or fresh fruit.