Chipotle Bacon and Corn Salsa
Fresh salsa gets a kick with the addition of chipotle peppers and a crunch from crumbled bacon in this chipotle bacon and corn salsa recipe. Great for parties, cookouts, or potlucks.
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 ears of corn, cut off the cob
- 2 ripe tomatoes, diced
- 2 chipotle peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 tsp abodo sauce
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh minced cilantro
- 1 tsp kosher salt
Combine all ingredients EXCEPT the bacon in a medium bowl. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
Store the crumbled bacon in a separate air tight container in the refrigerator and mix the bacon into the salsa right before serving. Otherwise, the bacon will lose it's crisp texture from the liquid in the salsa.