An adorable sweet cheese ball perfect as a Christmas dessert. This Snowman Cheese Ball dessert is fun, festive and easy to make and will be a hit at your holiday or winter gathering.
Seriously, how cute is this snowman? I had a lot of fun being creative with this one.
I added cinnamon and nutmeg to this dip to give it some holiday flavor, but if you’re not a fan, feel free to leave those spices out. It will still be good!
Here are a couple of other sweet Christmas cheese balls I’ve made:
Decorating the snowman
The fun part is making your snowman cheese ball look like a snowman. Here is what I did, but feel free to come up with your own presentation options.
White sanding sugar is what gives this snowman his “frosty” effect. You can find this at most any craft store or order online. Even some grocery stores will have it. You could also use white sprinkles if you can’t find the sanding sugar.
For the snow around the cheese ball, I used flaked coconut.
An Oreo cookie, a marshmallow and some dark chocolate melting wafers come together to make the snowman’s top hat. Melt the wafers according to the package instructions. Place half an Oreo on a plate and place the marshmallow on top. Drizzle with the melted chocolate until fully coated. Let dry to harden.
Twizzler candy makes a perfect scarf. The standard ones are red which work great, but I was so excited when I found holiday Twizzlers that came in red, green and white.
The eyes, nose and mouth
I used regular chocolate chips for the eyes and buttons. I made the mouth with mini chocolate chips.
An orange tic tac makes the perfect nose.
Oreo cookies, chocolate wafers, vanilla wafers or graham crackers all work well for this dip. You could even do pretzels or apples too for a bit of savory.
Yes, you can make this recipe a few days ahead of time. It should keep well in the refrigerator for 3 – 4 days.
How to make this cheese ball
Place the entire package of Oreos into a blender or food processor. Pulse until fine cookie crumbs form.
Mix together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg.
Mix in the Oreo crumbs.
Refrigerate mixture at least an hour to firm up.
Take about 1/3 of the mixture and form into a small ball for the head.
Take remaining mixture and form into the larger ball for the base.
Stack smaller ball on top of the larger one on a serving platter.
Sprinkle with white sanding sugar.
Decorate and serve.
Snowman Cheese Ball Dessert
- 3 8oz blocks of cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 14.3 oz package of golden Oreos
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- white sanding sugar
- chocolate chips (regular and/or mini), Twizzlers, Tic Tac, additional Oreo, large Marshmallow, chocolate melting wafers optional for decoration
- Add all Oreos (with the fillings) to a blender or food processor and pulse until fine crumbs form. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, use a mixer to beat together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon and nutmeg until well combined.
- Add in Oreo crumbs and mix well.
- Refrigerate mixture for at least an hour to firm up.
- Scoop approximately 1/3 of the mixture and form into a small ball for the head.
- Form the remaining mixture into a larger ball for the base.
- Stack smaller ball on top of larger one.
- Coat with sanding sugar.
- Decorate snowman as desired.