Candy Corn Cheesecake Cheese Ball. This is a dessert cheese ball featuring those little yellow, orange, and white iconic Halloween candies.
Can you believe Halloween is this week! I’m a bit bummed this year because I’m going to have to miss the annual costume party that my husband and I go to. Although I’m not dressing up, I will be around to hand out candy on Friday night to all the neighborhood kids.
Are you hosting or going to a fun Halloween party? Do you typically dress up for Halloween?
If you still need an appetizer or dessert idea for Halloween then this candy corn cheesecake cheese ball is a good idea.
People seem to either love or hate candy corn. I like it although I try to just avoid buying Halloween candy of any kind so that I won’t eat it 🙂 I also like to just look at it. The colors are just perfect for Halloween and make for creative and fun ideas that are very festive for the holiday.
You do need to make this cheese ball ahead of time because there are multiple steps and it needs to chill between layers so it takes a little bit of time to put together. If you prefer an easier option, you could also make this into a dip instead of a cheese ball by layering in a clear bowl. You could also cover the cheese ball with orange and yellow sprinkles instead of candy corns if you’d like.
For the colors, I recommend gel food coloring because it is much easier to get the color that you need and the gel does not water down your recipe. I used AmericColor electric yellow and electric orange which produced very vibrant colors. You can find gel food coloring in a variety of colors at your local craft store.
Detailed instructions are below for the candy corn cheesecake cheese ball! Try saying that 5 times really fast 🙂 Happy Halloween!
- 2 8-oz blocks of cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 bag of candy corns regular yellow, orange, and white ones
- Yellow and orange gel food coloring
- Graham crackers for dipping
- With a mixer, combine the butter and cream cheese until mixture is smooth. Slowly add in the confectioners' sugar until creamy. Mix in the vanilla.
- Then divide the mixture into thirds and place each third into its own bowl. Leave one alone, add yellow food coloring to one, and orange food coloring to the other. Mix food coloring into mixture until you get the desired color. I used around 6-8 drops each.
- You will need another bowl that is relatively round on the bottom since your cheese ball will take the shape of the bowl you use. Then line the bowl with plastic wrap. This will help the cheese ball slide easily out of the bowl once chilled. Add the white (non-colored) mixture to the bottom of the bowl (this will be the top of the cheese ball). Then layer the orange mixture on top being careful not to mix with the white layer. Repeat for the yellow layer. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator to chill overnight.
- When ready to serve, remove the plastic wrap from the top of the bowl. Make sure the plastic wrap lining the bowl is not covering the top of your cheese ball. If so, gently pull back the plastic wrap so that it lines the sides of your bowl, but does not cover the top. Very gently, flip the bowl over onto your serving dish. The cheese ball should easily slide out. Carefully pull off the remaining plastic wrap. By hand, place the candy corns around the cheese ball covering the top and sides. Now you are ready to serve!
Total time does not include chilling time (overnight)