This festive chocolate Easter Cheese Ball is the perfect addition to your Easter spread. You will love this easy, no bake Easter dessert that looks like a giant chocolate Easter egg.
Easter Egg Cheese Ball
Easter comes late this year which I really like. It means I can enjoy all my Easter decorations a lot longer and all the spring colors outside really have time to pop.
No matter when Easter is, you should add this Easter Cheese Ball to your list of recipes for a Easter brunch, party or dessert table.
You could also make this after Easter with all those leftover M&Ms.
More dip ideas for leftover Easter candy:
Tips For Making a No Bake Dessert Easter Cheese Ball
Can you make this Easter dessert ahead of time?
Yes, absolutely! Follow the instructions as written and simply cover the finished cheese ball with plastic wrap and store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
How do you make edible Easter grass?
The green “grass” on the platter in the photos is super easy to make. It’s simply dyed coconut flakes.
Add a few drops of food coloring to about 1 tsp of water and mix together. Place the coconut flakes and food color mixture into a plastic bag and mix / shake until evenly coated. Then lay onto a cookie sheet to dry.
How do you crush M&Ms?
Place M&Ms in a Ziploc bag and crush with a rolling pin, meat tenderizer or other heavy object.
What to serve with this Easter dip?
Vanilla wafers or graham crackers are perfect dipper options.
How to Make This Chocolate Easter Cheese Ball
- Mix together the cream cheese, butter and powdered sugar
- Add the cocoa powder and vanilla and combine
- Add crushed M&Ms
- Add mini chocolate chips and fold in
- Scoop onto plastic wrap, cover and shape into a ball, and chill
- When ready to serve, shape into an Easter egg and cover with M&Ms
Chocolate Easter Cheese Ball
- 1 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup spring M&Ms, crushed
- 1 cup spring M&Ms, whole
- Whip the cream cheese and butter together until smooth
- Slowly add in the powdered sugar while mixing
- Add the vanilla and cocoa powder and mix to combine
- Fold in the mini chocolate chips and the crushed M&Ms
- Lay a piece of plastic wrap flat on the counter
- Place the dip mixture onto the plastic wrap and pull up the sides of the wrap
- Cover with additional plastic wrap, form into a ball and chill for a couple of hours
- Remove from the fridge, place on your serving platter and press into the shape of an Easter egg
- Press whole M&Ms into the cheese ball using your preferred colors and patterns to decorate