Easy 4 ingredient cream cheese Sugar Cookie Dip. Perfect for any party. Use different colored sprinkles for various holidays. Made with real sugar cookies. Also a great alternate cookie “treat for Santa at Christmas.
The Christmas season is full of traditions and leaving milk and cookies for Santa is one of those. I don’t really ever remember doing this as a child, but it’s one of those popular and extra cute things that help make special memories for the young and young at heart. But whether you participate in this fun activity or not, you can still enjoy this sugar cookie dip and maybe even make it your own new holiday tradition. Santa likes dip, doesn’t he?
This dessert dip is also a great way to use up extra sugar cookies that are lying around the house after the holidays (if you ever actually have this problem, lol). You can serve as a fruit dip for a lighter fare or with sugar cookies for a double sugar cookie experience. You can get creative in your presentation as well. As you can imagine, I have a lot of dip bowls and props. I was shopping recently and found this Santa basket. I thought, oh, that would make a good prop. I brought it home to see if I had a bowl that would fit it. Wouldn’t you know, I had a red rimmed bowl that fit perfectly. It was just too cute to resist.
Sugar cookies are popular around Christmas time, but they are available all year long. You could make this dip any time of year by simply changing the color sprinkles/toppings you use. Multi color sprinkles would be good for a birthday cookie dip recipe. You could do pastel sprinkles for Easter, orange and black for Halloween and well you get the idea 🙂
Best wishes to everyone for a great holiday!
Sugar Cookie Dip (aka Christmas Cookie Dip)
- 1 8 oz block of cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar cookie crumbs * See Notes
- sprinkles, optional
- In a small bowl, whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add the cream cheese.
- Using a mixer on medium speed, mix the cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Slowly add in the powdered sugar and continue mixing until fully incorporated.
- Add the sugar cookie crumbs and mix until well combined.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Refrigerate at least an hour before serving. Optionally, top with sprinkles right before serving.