This easy pepperoni pizza dip with cream cheese is always a crowd favorite appetizer at a party or game day.
Pepperoni pizza dip is the first dip that I ever made and it still ranks at the top of my favorites list. For a long time, this is the only dish I would take to a party or potluck and it was always requested. (and still is)
One great thing about this cream cheese dip is how super flexible it is. I like it so much that I typically don’t venture too much from my standard pizza ingredients, but you could get really creative with this one.
Tips for making Pepperoni Pizza Dip
Can you use different toppings or make this a vegetarian pizza dip?
Once you have the cream cheese and sour cream base, then the toppings are endless. For a vegetarian version of pizza dip, eliminate the pepperoni and add in some other veggies if you like.
Green onions, olives, or tomatoes would all be good. Sausage or ground beef could be used too for a meat lovers version. Make it spicy or super meaty, it is up to you 🙂
What do you serve with pizza dip?
Serve this cheesy pepperoni pizza dip with tortilla chips or bread. Either is quite delicious!
Can you make pizza dip ahead of time?
Yes! Make the cream cheese base and spread into your dish, cover and store in the fridge. When ready to serve, follow the rest of the instructions to heat.
Are those mini pepperonis?
In case you haven’t discovered this item, I wanted to introduce you to: Pepperoni minis (I now see these in my local store brand and not just the name brand as well).
These are so perfect for this dip and people are quite often amused by them if they have never seen them before. Much easier than dicing regular pepperoni like I used to do.
How to make Pepperoni Pizza Dip
Step 1 – Using a mixer, mix together the sour cream and cream cheese until mixture is creamy.
Step 2 – Add spices and combine.
Step 3 – Layer the cream cheese mixture into a 8 inch pie dish, add pizza sauce and top with pepperoni and green peppers (or other ingredients if using).
Step 4 – Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
Step 5 – Add cheese and bake until melted.
Easy Pepperoni Pizza Dip
- 1 8 oz block of cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder (I usually add a bit more for extra flavor)
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper, optional
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped or mini pepperoni
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together cream cheese and sour cream until smooth and creamy. Add garlic powder, oregano, and red pepper and mix until combined.
- Spread evenly in a 9 inch pie dish. Pour pizza sauce over top of mixture. Top with green pepper and pepperoni.
- Bake for 10 minutes
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle the shredded cheese on top. Bake for an additional 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips or bread.