Fall is probably my favorite season. There are just so many things I love about this time of year. The colors of the changing leaves, a sweat shirt and jeans on crisp, cool nights, and of course the wonderful aromas and tastes of all the great fall spices and fruit. I will be sharing lots of great fall dips on this blog. In today’s post, I introduce one that will take center stage in any fall appetizer or dessert lineup: pumpkin dip. This pumpkin dip tastes just like pumpkin pie except in a dip that you serve with your favorite fall flavors.
Pumpkin dip is so easy to make. There are just 5 ingredients and you make this dip ahead of time so that it has time to chill. You can get creative in serving as well by cutting the top off a pie pumpkin, scooping out the inside, and filling up with the dip.
Ginger snaps are my favorite dippers, but apples, vanilla wafers, and graham crackers all work well.
Adapted from: Allrecipes
- 1 8-oz block of cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 15 ounce can pure pumpkin (do not use pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Ginger snaps apples, vanilla wafers, or graham crackers for dipping
- Mix together the cream cheese and confectioners' sugar using a hand mixer until smooth. (I usually add 1/2 cup sugar at a time to make it easier and avoid clumping.)
- Add in the pumpkin, cinnamon, and nutmeg and stir until well combined.
- Chill for at least 1 hour. This can be made the day before and left in the fridge overnight.
- Optional: sprinkle nutmeg on top before serving.
- Serve with ginger snaps, apples, vanilla wafers, or graham crackers.