The flavor of buffalo wings in an easy, no mess dip. Creamy Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip is a great game day or party appetizer made with real chicken. This crock pot recipe is sure to be a fan favorite.
Football is back for the season at least where I live. We have the Redskins Training Camp in town and everyone is in full football craze. So I thought this would be a great time to share this awesome game day recipe. It’s literally as easy as adding the ingredients to the slow cooker and heating.
Tips and tricks
Short on time? A pre-cooked rotisserie chicken from the store works great for this recipe. Just shred the chicken and you’re ready to make the dip.
Did you know you can easily shred chicken with a stand mixer? Let me tell you, this tip is life changing! A stand mixer can do a lot of things, but I had no idea it could perfectly shred chicken within seconds.
All you do is throw the hot chicken (or pulled pieces from a rotisserie chicken) into the bowl, attached the paddle attachment and turn the mixer on low for 15-30 seconds depending on how shredded you’d like the chicken.
I don’t think I will ever shred chicken by hand again.
Buffalo Chicken Dip FAQs
Can you make slow cooker buffalo chicken dip ahead of time? Yes, this is a big time saver. You can prepare the dip as described below, but instead of heating, just take the slow cooker insert, cover and place in the fridge.
How long will slow cooker buffalo chicken dip last? If you do have leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in the slow cooker or oven to serve leftovers.
Can you make this less spicy? If you don’t like spicy, you can always reduce the amount of buffalo sauce used. Also, you may be interested in my Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wing Dip recipe.
Step by step photos
Step 1: Cut the cream cheese into cubes and place into the bottom of a 2 qt slow cooker / crock pot.
Step 2: Add buffalo sauce and ranch dressing, then the shredded chicken and top with shredded cheese.
Step 3: Heat until hot and bubbly.
Step 4: Garnish with sliced green onions and if desired, drizzle with extra ranch and/or buffalo sauce.
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip with Real Chicken
- 1 8 oz block of cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 3/4 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 2 cups shredded chicken (a store bought rotisserie chicken works well)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 sliced green onions, optional
- Cut the block of cream cheese into cubes and place in a single layer in the bottom of a slow cooker (crock pot)
- Pour the ranch dressing and buffalo sauce over the cream cheese
- Add the shredded chicken to the slow cooker
- Top with shredded cheese
- Turn the slow cooker on high and heat for 1 hour or until the dip is hot. Stir occasionally to combine the ingredients as the dip heats.
- Optionally, top with green onions and/or a drizzle of ranch and buffalo sauce
- Serve warm with chips, crackers, or veggies