This almond berry fruit dip is a perfect dessert for the 4th of July! It’s light and fluffy with red and blue berries and a wonderful almond flavor. Paired with red, white, and blue pretzels, this is a super festive dip recipe.
Almonds are such a great compliment to mixed berries and the color combination is great too. The nutty taste in this fruit dip is a nice contrast to the sweetness and really stands out. A triple berry mix of strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries add a fresh summery feel to this dessert.
I love all the red, white, and blue this time of year. Everything is so patriotic! I like to decorate for the 4th and usually try to dress the part too including my favorite dangly, red, white, and blue star earrings. I got a new star necklace this year too that I think is so cute. Yes, I’m that girl 🙂
I was walking around the grocery store when I saw a bag of yogurt covered pretzels and thought…what a great dipper idea for a festive dip. I wanted complete the theme by adding some red and blue to the pretzels to serve with this almond berry fruit dip. Heated red and dark blue candy melts worked great for drizzling over the white pretzels. I used plastic squeeze bottles like these red and yellow ketchup and mustard bottles to drizzle the melted candy melts since I didn’t have a special candy melt decorating tip. You could also coat regular pretzels in white chocolate and then (once dry) drizzle them with the melted candy coating. Graham crackers or vanilla wafers would also work well.
I hope everyone has a great 4th of July holiday. Since the 4th is on a Saturday this year, that means many of us have a three day weekend to celebrate! Yay 🙂
Almond Berry Fruit Dip
- 1 8 oz block of cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup roasted almonds, crushed
- 1/4 cup strawberries, diced
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup raspberries, cut in half
- Optional: Additional berries and almonds for garnish
- In a small bowl, beat the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- Using a mixer on medium speed, whip the cream cheese until fluffy. Add in almond and vanilla extracts along with the almond milk and slowly mix in powdered sugar until mixture is creamy.
- Fold in whipped cream until combined and then fold in the berries and crushed almonds. Serve immediately with yogurt pretzels, vanilla wafers, or graham crackers or chill in the refrigerator until ready to eat.