Banana pudding turned into a dip. This banana pudding dip is an easy, make ahead dessert recipe for your next pot luck or party.
Banana Pudding Dip
Does anyone remember the banana pudding milkshake from Chick-Fil-A? This was a limited time flavor that was offered for several years during the spring.
I was extremely disappointed to learn that it was not going to come back last year because this thing was amazing! We are talking banana pudding in drinkable form!
So today I bring you the next best thing (in my opinion): banana pudding in dip form. This banana pudding dip recipe tastes just like banana pudding and is easy to make.
Tips for making Banana Pudding Dip
Can you make banana pudding dip ahead of time? Yes, most definitely.
Just mix all the ingredients together and store, covered in the refrigerator.
The bananas will brown some as the dip sits. If you want to avoid that, you could always follow all the steps except for mixing in the bananas and then add those closer to when you’re ready to serve.
What can you dip into banana pudding dip? Well, vanilla wafers are probably the favorite choice. But you could use you favorite cookies or even serve this as a fruit dip.
Is the lemon juice required? The acidity from the lemon juice helps to prevent the bananas from browning. You may omit if the browning doesn’t bother you. It won’t impact the taste of the dip.
Adapted from: Recipes For My Boys
How to make Banana Pudding Dip
Banana Pudding Dip
- 2 8-oz blocks of cream cheese , softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 7 oz sweetened condenses milk, half of a 14 oz can
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup prepared instant vanilla pudding, about half of a 3.4 oz box
- 2 bananas
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 box vanilla wafers
- In a small bowl, beat heavy whipping cream until soft peaks form.
- In another small bowl, prepare pudding according to package instructions. (you only need half the box so you can either make the whole box and eat the leftovers or only make half the box)
- In a large bowl, beat together the cream cheese and powdered sugar until combined. Slowly mix in the condensed milk.
- Fold 1 cup of the pudding into the cream cheese mixture and then fold in the whipped cream into the mixture
- On a plate, mash the bananas and sprinkle with lemon juice to help prevent them from browning.
- Fold bananas into the dip mixture.
- Chill for an hour and sprinkle the top with crushed vanilla wafers before serving.
- Serve with vanilla wafers,