Ring in the new year with this champagne cheesecake cheese ball. Yes, I said champagne!
Do you have big plans for New Years? Do you typically stay in or go out for a night on the town? My favorite thing to do is a casual night with friends just hanging out, eating good food, enjoying some drinks, and having a good time. Last year, I was able to share a special memory with two friends as they got engaged at our house right after midnight. Those are the kinds of nights I love 🙂
This champagne cheesecake cheese ball is fun, festive, and easy to make. It will look great all decked out in shiny and sparkly sprinkles on your buffet table. The hardest part is actually making it into a decorative cheese ball. If you are short on time or want something super easy, this recipe can also simply be served as a champagne cheesecake dip and you can sprinkle glitter sprinkles or sugar pearls on top.
I paired the champagne cheesecake cheese ball with these Pirouline Chocolate Wafers although it would also go well with graham crackers or other cookies. I thought the wafers seemed like an elegant dipper for something that has champagne in it 🙂
Cheers and Happy New Year!
- 1 8-oz block of cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter softend
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp champagne
- Festive sprinkles or sugar pearls
- Chocolate wafers or graham crackers for dipping
1) Using a mixer on medium speed, beat together the cream cheese and butter. Slowly add in the powdered sugar and mix until creamy. Add in the champagne, one tbsp at a time, and mix to combine.
2) Line the inside of a small bowl with plastic wrap. This will be used to shape the cheese ball.
3) Spoon mixture into the bowl. Pull the sides of the plastic wrap up gently and fold over the top of the mixture. Place bowl into the freezer for several hours to overnight.
4) Place a piece of parchment paper on a plate.
5) Remove bowl from the freezer and flip onto the plate. It may still be a bit soft so handle carefully
6) Press sprinkles or sugar pearls all around the cheese ball until covered. Place back into the freezer for an hour or two.
7) Remove from freezer and carefully transfer to serving tray.
Alternatively, you could serve this as a dip instead of a cheese ball. In this case, simply follow step 1 above and then chill in the refrigerator for several hours before serving. Top with festive sprinkles or sugar pearls.
Serve with chocolate wafers or graham crackers.
Total time does not include chilling time
Need some New Years Eve Party Favors? Check out the great selection on Amazon