Easy dip features real shredded cheese (no Velveeta). This Rotel Dip with cream cheese and ground beef makes a large amount and is perfect to serve a crowd.
I really love slow cooker recipes when I need to keep a dip warm at events that are going to go for several hours or more like a game day, a shower or a cocktail party.
They are also really great when you need to take an appetizer to a potluck or don’t want to worry about perfectly timing your guests arrival with bringing a hot dip out of the oven.
I love this Rotel Dip with Cream Cheese, but some of my other favorite crock pot dip recipes are:
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Crock Pot Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wing Dip
- Crock Pot Margarita Chicken Dip
Tips and tricks
All about Rotel
Rotel is a brand of diced tomatoes with green chiles. You can find cans of Rotel in most US grocery stores near the canned tomatoes. It comes in a few different varieties- the mild, regular or hot would work well in this dip depending on your spiciness preference.
If you can’t find Rotel, you could substitute a can of diced tomatoes and a small can of diced chiles.
Change up the ingredients
While I love my Rotel Dip with ground beef, for a vegetarian version you could simply leave out the ground beef and this would still be a delicious Rotel cheese dip.
Black beans would also be a great addition. You could also sub out the ground beef with turkey or ground sausage.
One time saving tip is to make the ground beef ahead and keep in in the fridge. You can also assemble the dip in the crock pot ahead of time and then heat up when you’re ready.
Tortilla chips (of course)
Sturdy veggies like large broccoli florets or celery sticks
Step by step instructions
Step 1 – Brown the ground beef with salt and pepper and drain.
Step 2 – Add the cubed cream cheese and ground beef to the bottom of a crock pot.
Step 3 – Add the remaining ingredients to the crock pot.
Step 4 – Heat on high for an hour or until the dip is creamy and warm. Stir occasionally while dip is heating to combine.
Rotel Dip with Cream Cheese and Ground Beef
- 1 lb ground beef
- 16 oz cream cheese, cut into small cubes
- 3/4 cup onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced
- 1 can rotel, not drained
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- green onions
- additional rotel, drained
- In a skillet, brown the ground beef over medium high heat. Break up the meat into small pieces as it’s cooking.
- Once cooked, drain the grease from the beef and set aside.
- Add the cream cheese to the bottom of a 2 quart crock pot.
- Add the ground beef on top of the cream cheese.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the crock pot.
- Heat dip on high for an hour or until warmed through. Stir occasionally as dip is heating to combine.