It is August and still fairly warm outside, but last week we had some very cool weather in Virginia for the this time of year. The cool nights got me thinking about jeans, sweatshirts, and sitting outside by a fire with friends and roasting marshmallows to make s’mores.
Now you can bring the camp fire experience inside (well almost 🙂 ) with this gooey and melty s’more cheesecake dip. Of course this s’more dip features the main ingredients of a s’more: chocolate, toasted marshmallows, and graham crackers, but it adds in another dimension of flavor with a layer of cream cheese goodness on the bottom. I think this helps balance out the sweetness of the chocolate and marshmallows although this is definitely a rich, dessert dip.
This yummy dip is great anytime of year and gets a thumbs up from both kids and adults too!
Adapted from: Thirty Handmade Days
- 1 8-oz block of cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips divided
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Graham crackers for dipping
- Using a mixer, blend together cream cheese, butter, and vanilla. Gradually mix in confectioners' sugar and then mix in 1/2 the chocolate chips.
- Spread evenly in a 9" pie plate. Cover with marshmallows and remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until marshmallows are toasted to a golden color. Keep a close eye toward the end of the baking time as the marshmallows will easily burn.
- Serve with graham crackers.