A cookies and cream dessert dip turned into an easy springtime treat. This festive, no bake dessert is sure to be a hit at your Easter gathering. Can also make anytime of year.
I went to the store to get ingredients with a different dip recipe in mind, but while browsing the multiple aisles of Easter candy, I changed things up a bit. I kept seeing cookies and cream flavored Easter treats so I decided to create an Easter version of an cookies and cream dessert dip. For other dip recipes featuring Easter Candy, check out my Cadbury Creme Egg Dip and Malted Milk Easter Dip recipes.
Easy and cute Easter dessert
This Cookies and Cream dessert dip is made extra creamy with a little bit of heavy cream and is topped with crushed Oreos. To add an Easter flare to it, I added green colored sweetened coconut (for an Easter grass look) and cookies and cream Cadbury eggs (only found at Target). I also found a cookies and cream bunny that made a nice, decorative addition. So cute, right? You can get creative with how you “decorate” the dip. Pastel M&Ms, chocolate bunnies, or even peeps would work well as accents.
This would be fun for kids to color the coconut and decorate. You can serve with fruit, cookies, or graham crackers. It’s also great to make ahead and then decorate right before serving.
For a non-Easter version, you can also toast the coconut or just leave it off all together.
Here is to great weather for everyone this Easter weekend. I need to get outside and prep things for my herb garden on Saturday!. Gotta get my plants going soon! We’ll be going out for lunch after church on Easter, but for those of you cooking at home this year and need a last minute dessert, I hope you have found some great options here on the blog.
How to make Cookies and Cream Dessert Dip
Cookies and Cream Dessert Dip
- 1 8 oz block cream cheese , softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 9 Oreo cookies
- 1 1/4 cups sweetened cocunut , shredded
- 1/2 tsp water
- green food coloring
- Cadbury chocolate or cookies and cream eggs
- Using a mixer on medium speed, beat the cream cheese until creamy. Slowly add in the powdered sugar and mix to combine.
- Mix in vanilla and heavy cream.
- Put 3 of the Oreos in a food processor or blender and crush into crumbs. Alternatively, you can put in a plastic bag and beat with a rolling pin.
- Fold cookie crumbs into the dip.
- Evenly spread the dip into an 8 inch pie dish.
- Crush the remaining 6 Oreos into larger crumbled pieces, not crumbs.
- Top dip with cookie crumbles
- Add a couple of drops of green food coloring to the 1/2 tsp water. Put the coconut in a plastic ziplock bag and add the colored water mixture to the bag. Shake well.
- Add coconut over the top of the dip. You can cover the dip completely or leave a little of the cookies to show through like I did in the photos.
- Decorate with Cadbury eggs or the Easter candy of your choice.
I love the creativity in this! This is so perfect for Easter, I bet kids love it!
What a creative idea!
Such a great thing to serve at easter. Hope you have a lovely weekend 🙂
This looks like a delicious Easter treat that would be so fun for any Spring spread. I think I would just need a spoon and eat it that way! Yummy! Luci’s Morsels | fashion. food. frivolity.
Just give me a spoon please and I’ll go to town on this.