5 ingredient Christmas peppermint dip made with real candy canes. This candy cane dip will be a festive addition to your holiday party spread.
This makes an easy, no bake peppermint dessert and has a wonderful peppermint flavor. Serve in a holiday bowl or serving dish, add some crushed peppermint to the top, and you have a fun and festive dessert dip that is so simple to make.
This will also be a great way to use up all those left over candy canes after Christmas is over.
Here are some other great holiday dip ideas:
Tips and Tricks
Crushing the candy canes
Crushing the peppermint is really the hardest part of this recipe, but it can also be quite fun 🙂
I place the candy canes in a freezer bag, cover with a towel (some candy cane dust will come through the bag), and beat into tiny pieces using a meat tenderizer. You can also hit with a rolling pin or regular old hammer.
You can also use a food processor or blender to crush the candy canes.
Yes, this can be made a day ahead and stored in the fridge.
If you do make ahead, then give it a good stir before serving as the crushed candy canes can separate a bit and sort of crystallize. Stirring will allow the dip to regain it’s texture.
For dipping, I like chocolate wafers or Oreo cookies, but graham crackers are great too. You could even serve this as a fruit dip with some strawberries.
Step by Step Instructions
- Use a mixer (handheld or stand) to whip the cream cheese until fluffy
- Then add in the sugar and vanilla
- Add the crushed candy canes to the bowl
- Add cool whip to bowl and fold in along with the candy canes
Peppermint Candy Cane Dip
- 1 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup crushed candy canes (about 12 candy canes)
- 8 oz cool whip
- Using a mixer on medium speed, beat the cream cheese until fluffy.
- Add in the powdered sugar and vanilla and mix until combined and creamy.
- Fold in crushed candy canes and cool whip until incorporated.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving.
This looks so yummy and perfect for a holiday partu’ Love that you can make it ahead of time!
This is perfect for the holiday season and your dessert table at family get together!
It looks so delicious and perfect for the season!!!
This is such a fun and festive recipe for the holiday! Kid friendly too!
Great Christmas recipe! I could see kids having fun helping with the candy cane crushing.
This looks great! Where did you buy the bowl? So cute!
Thank you! The bowl was from a set I got at Target years ago.