Are you looking for an amazing and easy appetizer for your Thanksgiving or Christmas holiday party gathering? Then you are definitely going to want to try this warm Sausage Cranberry Cream Cheese Dip. It’s creamy, cheesy and features perfect holiday colors and flavors.
First I have to say that it’s been way too long since I’ve posted a new dip recipe. The months of September and October were quite a whirlwind for me. It started with a trip to New Orleans for my father in law’s 70 birthday party. From there, I flew to Dallas for a work trip. Then it was back home for a little over a week before my week long vacation in Florida. I was home for a week and then it was off to San Francisco for another work trip (plus a couple days of vacation). I had fun though and of course lot’s of great food, but it was an exhausting 8 weeks.
Oh and not to mention, it’s college football season so the Saturdays that I was home have been spent tailgating (with football food like this warm beer cheese dip) and cheering on my team. Whew! I was optimistic I’d be able to squeeze a post or two in there, but atlas that didn’t happen. I do have some good ones coming up though so stay tuned.
Now more about today’s dip. I’m not kidding, I took a bite and was immediately in love. The flavors all just meld so well together. Not sure about the cranberry with the sausage? Trust me, it’s good! The savory sausage, green onion and sage are an amazing combination and the bits of cranberry add just a bit of tang and of course a pop of color. This hot sausage cranberry cream cheese dip recipe is so perfect for the holidays.
Sausage Cranberry Cream Cheese Dip
- 1 8 oz block of cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 pound pork sausage, crumbled and cooked
- 1 tsp fresh sage, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries, chopped
- 2 tbsp green onions, chopped
- 1 cup white cheddar, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, mix all the ingredients together until well combined.
- Spread into a baking dish and place into the oven for 15 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve warm with baguette slices or crackers.