There are a few variations of this recipe around, but they typically call for the beer cheese dip to be served cold. I do like it cold as well, but actually prefer to treat this as a warm dip and bake it in the oven.
Even if you don’t like beer, you should still give this beer cheese dip a try. I’m not a huge beer fan myself (I like my wine these days) 🙂 . However, I love this dip and I have had lots of friends who like this, but don’t like beer at all. I do suggest shredding your own cheese instead of buying a pre-shredded bag especially since there is a lot of cheese mixed into this dip. Pre-shredded cheese contains additives that can affect the texture of the dish. You can use your favorite brand/type of beer for this recipe, but I do recommend a darker beer so more of the flavor will come through. I used Shiner Bock this time, but Guinness is one of my favorites to use.
You can make this dip a day ahead and then pop in the oven before serving. I have also made this lots of times for tailgates. I make the dip at home the night before, put it in an aluminium pan, and throw it on the grill for about 20 minutes. The grill adds a wonderful, slightly smokey flavor.
Pretzels are my favorite thing to dip into this, but chips or crackers could also be served with this beer cheese dip. Cheers!
Adapted slightly from: Lady Behind the Curtain
Easy, 5 ingredient dip recipe. Warm beer cheese dip is a great hot appetizer for game day or your next party. Creamy, cheesy dip best served with pretzels.
- 2 8 oz blocks of cream cheese, softened
- 1 package ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 2/3 cup beer (preferably a darker beer)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Add in ranch dressing packet and mix to combine. Continue mixing and slowly add in the beer. Stir in shredded cheese.
- Spread dip mixture into a small casserole dish and bake for 30 minutes or until the dip is heated through.
You may also be interested in: Pub Style Beer & Mustard Cheese Dip on Amazon